This week was extremely chaotic in order to meet the deadlines for the Morehead project I have been working on. I spent the majority of my week rendering really large files and making title blocks for these to be sent out. I spent hours and hours waiting on these renderings to work (while really bored and anxiously staring at my computer screen), and I had to teach myself some ways to make time move quicker for rendering. One thing that I learned about making a rendering go beyond half the speed is copying the huge file and pasting it into a blank sketchup file. From there, select all and scale the entire model down. Rendering a 5,000 square foot building could easily turn into a 1,000 square foot building and render that much faster. Below are some of the renderings I did that are going to be sent to the government for review and potential build.
This week I also had my second lunch and learn where I was able to learn a lot about the opportunities available for Armstrong ceilings. I cannot wait to implement them in my next school-budget free project. The expense is dramatic for these really intricate ceilings, but they really add an extra plane into the designs by shape, form, color, dimensions, value, shadow, etc.
I met with Lindsey this week for a short time and gave a tour of CMW. I am now hoping to work on a healthcare grant this summer with her!